Okay, last weekend I had my first backpacking trip. I learned a few things, that I think I should share.
- Carrying 30 Lbs on your back dramatically affects how far you can hike.
- Hills are harder then flat ground
- Setting up a Tent for the first time at night, is not the best idea
- Every Ounce matters
- After 10 miles Legs, Hips, and Shoulders will be sore
- Stairs are not your friend for the next few days
The trip didn’t go exactly as planned. It ended a day early, but learned a lot. The next trip will be a more reasonable distance between camp sites. Overall the trip was great, and learned a ton.